AMD Radeon 7800 3 monitor display port

bablomg

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
Hi all, i'm going a bit crazy and have been surfing the forums for a few hours. I've got three brand new dell u2414h monitors all hooked up via display port to my 7800. I've tried chaining all three, or chaining just two and running the 3rd monitor to the second display port connector on the video card.

Regardless of the setup (and replacing all cables) as soon as I connect the third monitor i'm getting displays dropping in and out and i'm seeing the bandwidth drop from 20gb to 10gb on the connector (and always only on the connection with 2 monitors on it).

Any thoughts?

does the card have 3 seperate displayports? if it only has 2 and you are using an adapter to split it into 3, then thats your problem. try to not split any ports, and if it only has 2 displayports, try a dvi to display port adapter for your 3rd monitor.

bablomg

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
The card has 2 mini displayport connectors. The monitors themselves act as displayport hubs and can daisychain. I've tried running them 2 and 1, or 3 and 0 and neither seems to get me any luck.