I can pick solutions for threads that aren't mine?

BnG

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Hi!

Recently I noticed that I was able picking solutions of random threads, I don't know if I'm just being stupid or that this is an actual bug.
When I finally tried it at a random thread, it said something like "thank you for choosing the solution to your thread" (that standard message when you choose one, might look somewhat different).
Also, I was able to re-select a solution after having choosing a random one (the same thread that wasn't mine).
Apparently I can do this on a lot of different threads... is this some sort of new function? I don't really get it...

Solution
Best Answers. The old name for Solutions (and still used under the hood). And no, they're visible to everyone.

The point of them is for when the OP doesn't think to choose a solution, so the thread doesn't get marked as solved until someone does.

If you're over a certain number of Solutions, it's assumed that you're reasonably responsible and won't go clicking them everywhere. And if you do, we Mods can see and sort it out.

BnG

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

BA's (badges?)? The solutions I pick will of course only be shown to me? Because it would be quite unfair if I could randomly pick a solution for another person :$

Best Answers. The old name for Solutions (and still used under the hood). And no, they're visible to everyone.

The point of them is for when the OP doesn't think to choose a solution, so the thread doesn't get marked as solved until someone does.

If you're over a certain number of Solutions, it's assumed that you're reasonably responsible and won't go clicking them everywhere. And if you do, we Mods can see and sort it out.

Solution

BnG

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

Ahh oke, makes sense! Thank you for helping me out this fast =)