750 dollar gaming pc

JuliusJesse

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
Hello community,

I want to build a computer soon and I need some help deciding what components i need to use. I would like to do a little overclocking on the cpu. I live in Holland and i order everything from one site, so i don't know of everything is available but i will let you know if it isn't. These are the thinks i thought where pretty good. No ssd unfortunately. That doesn't fit in my budget.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 or FX-6300
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 or MSI GTX 760 (Which one is better and why?)
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo or Scythe Ninja 3 (which one is better for overclocking?)
Memory: Crucial 8 GB DDR3-1600
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 i TB
DVD-writer: LG GH24NS
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Power supply: Sharkoon WPM600 (cheap)
Case: Enermax Ostrog (cheap and pretty in my opinion)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P (Will this motherboard overclock well?)
Wifi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 300M
Case fan: Aerocool Shark Fan 12cm Black edition

So that's it. Let me know what you think of it and if you have any other suggestions. It would be much appreciated if you could also answer the above questions behind some of the components. Also this is the maximum i can spend on my build.

Jules

GamerOne

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

Well first dont cheap out on your PSU (Power supply)
Get one a good brand like a Corsair.
And get the MSI GTX 760 it is better overclocked and more stable.
Get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo it is cheap and you can more money and it will do it's job good if you're going to overclock your CPU.

JuliusJesse

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

First of all, thank you for replying. I really appreciate it. About that PSU. I know its cheap, but on the site where i wanted to buy the power supply all reviews say that it is really good, very quiet and the haven't had any problems with it. So i am still kind of thinking about that one. i will do some more research on it. i have now chosen for the MSI GTX 760. Primarily because you explained it better than i have seen on the internet so far. i never knew why the though the MSI was better, but now I know. So thank you for that. And I have now also chosen for the Cooler Master cooler. Now i still need to know if that Gigabyte motherboard will overclock well. I am thinking it will, but i am not sure. But thank you very much for the information. And also, should i go for a 8320 or a 6300 if i wanted to overclock a little. If i get the 6300 i could also get a SSD in my build. So what do you think about that. I will use the build especially for playing some games like Battlefield 4. I would love to hear your opinion about it. And if anybody else has something to say about the build, what i should and shouldn't do and some suggestions maybe, than i would love to here that to.

Jules

Edit: Here is a link to a review that i found of the power supply http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1485/pg7/sharkoon-wpm-600w-power-supply-review-conclusion.html
You should just go to the conclusion, that's the most interesting part.

GamerOne

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

Sorry for the late aswer i hope you still need help with it.
about the processor the FX 6300 is good combined with the gtx 760.
Atleast the amd processors are good since they have more cores and the next gen consoles have 8 cores there will be alot of ports so later you will have a advatages.
For the motherboard you chose it is a good one so you could go with that one.
Just beware the stock AMD coolers make alot of noise if that is your concern you could go with a aftermarket cooler.
If you dont mind the noise or you can't spend the money on it you could go with the stock cooler it will do fine if you dont overclock.

Hope this helped you if you still didn't make any choise.