Solved

SLI 2GB GTX 770 for 5760x1080 gaming?

Hello,
So, I currently have a single 1080p monitor and a 2GB gtx 770, games are running well and all, things are nice. However, I want to upgrade to 3 1080p monitors. I was wondering if I could run games like BF4 on near max settings with SLI 770 2GB's, or if I should get something else entirely.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sli 2gb gtx 770 5760x1080 gaming
  1. You need a 4GB variant of the 770.
  2. Best answer
    You would be hitting a Vram wall trying to do that. SLI 4GB would be good, but thats not viable unless you have 1 already.
    Something like the 780/780Ti might work better.
  3. Gam3r01 said:
    You would be hitting a Vram wall trying to do that. SLI 4GB would be good, but thats not viable unless you have 1 already.
    Something like the 780/780Ti might work better.

Thank you for a quick response,

Would it be OK just to get a 4GB version and bump it down to 2gb and SLI it until I get another 4GB?
    Or would I be better off just getting a 780TI?
    Also, how bad would my FPS be if I were to just get a second 2gb 770?
  4. The FPS will vary by games, but the 770 SLI will be better off simply due to the vram, and you can do that method. A single 780ti can be SLId later however.
  5. JackNaylorPE said:

As for the 2GB issue.... look here to decide if it's an issue for you.....

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/gtx-770-4gb-vs-2gb-tested/3/

BF4 at max settings is definitely an issue.
  6. Memory used does not translate into problems or lower fps.
  7. There is massive stuttering if the game uses more VRAM than is available.
  8. At the alienbaba site, some of those games are capable of exceeding the 2 GB limit, yet they didn't observe this stuttering. Ofc BF4 isn't there.

I don't play BF anything but of those that do... on 3 screens, I have seen people report VRAM usage much higher than 3 GB w/ their 780s but no stuttering......at least from VRAM..... OTOH, those with < 8GB of RAM, I see lotta stuttering posts on that
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Resolution Graphics Video SLI Dual Nvidia Gtx Games Graphics Cards Monitors