G SKill 16GB DDR3 2400MHz TridentX
Corsair Professional Series AX 760 Watt 80 Plus Platinum
Deskstar 4TB 3.5 7200 Sata 3
Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD
Microsoft WIndows 7
Samsung 24x DVD writer

The final piece is the graphics card...

I really want an EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5

It's currently 400 quid but is there anything I should hold fire for? It's more expensive than the GTX770 but the perfomrance looks to be immense compared to it. Thoughts please people :D

Sneaky Wizard

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Thanks dude, really looking forward to getting it!

One thing though. I am concerned I may have screwed myself over with the power supply. My thinking at the time was a smaller wattage but with platinum efficiency. Not sure I have the juice for SLI in the future without an upgrade?

Sneaky Wizard

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure. I am really impressed with everything I have bought so far. It has been a slow build (saving up for high quality parts) but I think it's been worth it.

The ONLY thing so far is that the glass screen on the aerocool fan controller has slipped down in its fascia a bit. I can put something in there to hold it in place so in the scheme of things its all good.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7492/the-geforce-gtx-780-ti-review/15

Gaming load with an overclocked i7 Extreme draws under 600w total, and the 760w is built with the best parts, so it is fully able to withstand that, don't worry :)

For the future, though, the 80+ efficiency rating isn't really that important. It's *generally* an indicator that higher quality parts are used, but there are plenty of 80+ bronze units that are just as well-built, for much cheaper. The difference in electrical cost from 80+ bronze to platinum is negligible, and really only matters for stuff like currency mining, 24/7 operation, etc.

That said, it definitely doesn't hurt to have a platinum rated power supply! Enjoy your build, man. Gonna be awesome for quite some time :)

Sneaky Wizard

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

:D