Sound Card Detection

swimmergb

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I am running widows 8 and just recently completely removed everything from my computer and re-installed windows and now can't seem to use my sound. I have very little knowledge about the sound functions in a computer so there really isn't much I think i can say to provide good information so i will post pictures of the sound categories on my computer. Please tell me if you could use any additional info from me to help you.

dxdiag.png

SoundPannel.png

volumecontrol.png

devicemanager.png

Hi swimmergb,

Your problem seems to be that you have no drivers installed for your audio device.
Do you have an external sound card plugged in or an internal sound card or are you using the motherboards on board audio ?

If you are using your motherboards onboard audio you will have to find out what the model of your motherboard is and go to their
website and download the audio drivers for your particular motherboard , Example - If your motherboard is say an asus p76 for example go to asus website and look up your motherboard , go to the downloads tab and pick the operating system you are using example windows 7 64bit and download your audio drivers and install them.

If you have an internal sound card then you need to know what model that is , example creative soundblaster live and go to creatives website and download and install the drivers for that particular sound card

It is the same with an external sound card.

If you are only using your motherboards onboard audio then yes ,
i will give you a link to download the driver but first i need to know a couple of things ,
what operating system you are running example - windows 7 , xp etc and weather you have a 32bit or 64bit operating system

Be aware , it is not just as simple as installing windows to get everything on your computer to work , you must install drivers for your motherboards chipset , lan ,audio , sata ,usb etc and your graphics card if you are using one , windows will install some drivers but not all

If the audio driver installs but you do not have Via audio deck in your task bar which has happened to me before check windows update and
you should have an update for the Via high def audio that should fix the problem

If you are missing any other drivers for your motherboard , use that link and download them from there,
right click on my computer , go to properties then select device manager and see if there are any other missing drivers , they will have a yellow question mark beside them