Gigabyte Announces WindForce 3X-Cooled R9 280 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I have that cooler on my 760 and I can tell you, having heard a stock cooled 760, that it is NOT overkill.First off, the fans don't tell the whole story: the pipes that connect to the GPU are also very important, and not all WindForce 3X are born equal. The first version of the 760's, for example, is badly optimized (two pipes don't touch the GPU).But anyway, I say it's not overkill mostly because of the silence. It's fantastic how silent the card is. Fantastic piece of hardware.

I have that cooler on my 760 and I can tell you, having heard a stock cooled 760, that it is NOT overkill.First off, the fans don't tell the whole story: the pipes that connect to the GPU are also very important, and not all WindForce 3X are born equal. The first version of the 760's, for example, is badly optimized (two pipes don't touch the GPU).But anyway, I say it's not overkill mostly because of the silence. It's fantastic how silent the card is. Fantastic piece of hardware.
What about MSI cards?

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

From what I've seen, they're even better on the silence front, and they're temperatures are about the same as Gigabyte. MSI does tend to have slightly lower stock clocks though.

My GTX-760 under load doesn't go higher 70C and 45% fan speed!

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

My Gigabyte 760 doesn't go above 65C. I I stress it artificially, it will reach 69C. On a hot day.

Status
Not open for further replies.