Reimage with different OS?

Schwanerbuns

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
Sorry if this is in wrong place. I am extremely frustrated and cant think correctly :)

So, I have had a terrible week. PC has a nasty virus . I noticed this after my keyboard input would add characters and bring up applications that have no business opening..

My PC came with Win 8 and I hated it and "upgraded" to Windows 7 . Now that I have windows 7 whenever I try system recovery it does not recognize any image .

So, I have had a hell of a time trying to get back to a clean image. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Sorry if this makes little sense. Any help would be EXTREMELY grateful.

p.s. I used "Windows 7 usb dvd download tool" to make this image

Hi Schwanerbuns,
if your pc is that badly virused you could be chasing your tail for weeks trying to repair it,
also if you had the virus when you created image you will get it back again when you restore the image to your drive.

I would recommend you backup what you want to keep, important documents photos etc then do a clean install of windows
it will be much quicker to spend a few hours doing this than the alternative ,at least then you know you are virus free

Schwanerbuns

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
I do not care about anything. I want a clean boot .

For some reason I am having troubles with my USB win 7 bootable ....

I am now going to try YUMI . First I tried the tool I mentioned above and I got a "black cursor screen" indicating no bootable media.

Schwanerbuns

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
also, I created this bootable usb from my laptop. not infected pc.

when using system recovery options I choose "system image recovery" and there is no bootable media?

i would go to microsofts website and download whatever version of windows 7 you have , you should be able to download it as an iso and burn to disc then you are good to go
this will help you
http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html
you will find the iso's there for windows 7
if you do not have a program to burn the iso to disc here is a good free one ;
http://www.freeisoburner.com/
i would download and burn on your non infected pc

Schwanerbuns

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
thanks for the info.

my yumi image worked but now i get an error ...

"multiple active partitions"
"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key "

i dont know why anybody would buy an iso ? , it is a disc image.
If your version does not work then you have two choices ,
1. download a version that does work and use your serial
2. buy new copy of windows