HP Promises to Improve 3D Printing This June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Can't wait, this will definitely be a huge step in consumer level adaptation. The Toronto Reference Library got two MakerBot 2's and I got to try them out printing airfoils. Not exactly accurate enough, but wow I was impressed! I really want to get a printer soon.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
They will probably come out with something much cheaper than the current mainstream which will allow people to get into 3D printing without too much money upfront. They will probably improve the speed considerably. The catch? There system will use a custom cartridge that will cost about 20x what the current spool cost is and the size of the part that you can print will be very limited in size.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I'm guessing they have a way of sideloading blocks of material into the printhead so they can lay down more material faster than anybody else. They may also have a cooling or drying mechanism that lets the printhead move a lot faster.

freshmango90

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
But there's already a lot of 3D printing out there like Makerbot. What are we exactly expecting in this HP 3D printer? Makerbot, after buying all the supplies, they last forever. Printing costs range from 0.01 cent to 40 cents, with accuracy of 0.01 mm... I wonder what HP printer has to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.