How do I ensure G-sync monitor is functional?

bolouswki

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2014
I have 2x 770's in SLI mode. I was getting about 85 FPS on Dayz prior to getting the monitor, dipping to 40 in built up areas..

I got a pre-modded G-Sync monitor - and Dayz is now giving me really bad frame rates - down around the 20-30. Admittedly, DayZ just had a update, but I'm not reading much forum posts about performance being hit.

All G-Sync options within Nvidia control panel are correct. SLI set up at auto. I can't get over 60 frames anymore, which made me think it was either hard locked now (vsync is disabled in the game).

Any ideas?

Solution
Check your monitor refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel. When I self-modded my GSYNC monitor, it reset the refresh rate to 60Hz. Remember GSYNC soft caps your framerate at whatever your refresh rate is set to, so that could be why you're getting a performance hit.

When you're ingame, if you hit the "Menu" button on the monitor, it should tell you if it's running "GSYNC @ <x> Hz>" or "V-Sync @ <x> Hz" or "Normal @ <x> Hz", normal being no vsync or gysnc.

CraigN

Distinguished
Check your monitor refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel. When I self-modded my GSYNC monitor, it reset the refresh rate to 60Hz. Remember GSYNC soft caps your framerate at whatever your refresh rate is set to, so that could be why you're getting a performance hit.

When you're ingame, if you hit the "Menu" button on the monitor, it should tell you if it's running "GSYNC @ <x> Hz>" or "V-Sync @ <x> Hz" or "Normal @ <x> Hz", normal being no vsync or gysnc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS