Will an HDMI to Dual Link cable affect input lag on a monitor?

Flukey Lukey

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I am considering buying a new monitor to use for gaming. I plan on playing PC games as well as Xbox One and PS4 games. The monitor only has a dual link input so I need to buy an HDMI to dual link adaptor/cable. Do you think this will affect the input lag into the game?

Solution
Not exactly, anytime the connection gets changed, transferred to another cable or an adapter the change will be grater than using a 100 ft cable.

Flukey Lukey

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

So under 1ms? Also, do you think an adaptor would be better to use over a cable? Thanks.

Flukey Lukey

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Ah okay interesting, I have heard from others that an adaptor is better because it is shorter than a cable and so there is less travelling involved. Could anyone confirm this?

Flukey Lukey

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

So would an adaptor be better than a 3 foot cable?

Flukey Lukey

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Okay so the cable should be fine then? Also, is there a brand you would recommend? There are tonnes of cheap cables on Amazon but I want to make sure I get a quality one

That does not make sense, the adapter is ADDING to the length of the cable. Whoever said that is assuming using a longer cable than you would with an adapter. Either case, the length of the cable in a digital connections, if it meets the spec for the connection, does not matter.

TRENDING THREADS