Solved

WTB SATA 3.5" 7200rpm HDD 120GB and over ($20 budget)

Hi,

I need a working 3.5" HDD for a spare computer I put together that's used for testing stuff. I'm sure quite a few of you guys probably have some lying around so I figured I'd stop here first before going to ebay. The drive just needs to be 120GB(+) and 7200rpm(+). Also, if you could verify that the HDD works with no errors that would be great!

I'm willing to spend up to $20. Let me know.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wtb sata 7200rpm hdd 120gb budget
  1. Hi penn919,
    I am sure a lot of us here have an old 3.5" HDD laying around as do i,
    firstly your question is not specific enough , there are more than 1 type of 3.5" HDD
    Is it a sata drive or an old pata( IDE ) drive both are 3.5"
    I understand you are trying to save money , but you are better off saving for a new drive
    The reason i say this is that there are no guarantees as to how long an old HDD will last , it may have
    been working for years and nearly at is lifes end when you buy it , or it may work fine and die in a month etc etc, you have no way of
    knowing how much work the old drive has done and how old it is when you get it.
    For the capacity HDD you want they are cheap to buy these days , don't get used, get new because you will get a warranty with it
    and if it arrives DOA (Dead On Arrival ) you can get it exchanged for a new one
    Also you will pay much less at an online pc parts outlet than what you will on ebay and you wont have to deal with sellers or get ripped off
    and they usually get your stuff to you within a few days.
    Save a few dollars a week and i'm sure you will have your drive really soon
  2. mickypheonix said:
    Hi penn919,
    firstly your question is not specific enough , there are more than 1 type of 3.5" HDD

Well, In the actual subject of this thread i did mention SATA, but thanks for the suggestions.
  3. penn919 said:
    mickypheonix said:
    Hi penn919,

Well, In the actual subject of this thread i did mention SATA, but thanks for the suggestions.

my apologies , i missed that
  4. Best answer
    With 500gb hdds at only $50 and 1tb at $60 I'd just buy a new one. You can get used Velocirapters 10,000rpm 160gb on ebay for about $20 sometimes though.

I wouldn't trust a used HDD either
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA Hot Deals Computers Hard Drives