Water spilled around PS Vita

dkain667

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
So I accidentally knocked a cup over and some water spilled on a table. However, my Vita was near by and the water kind of eclipsed the base of the system. No water spilled on top and as far as I know, no water got in side the mic or the charge port. Still, is there anything I should look out for or be concerned about?

ARCADDER

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
Not at all. If the is system running as normal and the screen is responsive it is good to go. A while ago I used to take my VITA next to where I was showering to use the Music Unlimited service, never had a problem.

instrument

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
If there wasn't any water penetration inside the device, it's allright. It's easy to note such accident - water drops would be occured on the cover (over or under). I've got much serious accidents with notebooks, everything goes without serious consequences if the power was turned off instantly. But in your case everything seems to be fine.

Wendie Nugroho

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
I got this kind of problem too but mine is worse. I accidentally knocked a glass over and the water spilled on my Vita, but only the left part. The screen is OK, all the button is OK. After several hours, the L button started to not working. But I noticed that x, o, and square doesn't work for a few minutes.

Can anyone help me?

instrument

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
The most plausible causion is water on the contact pads bellow the buttons inside the console. The water is conductable (especially the mineral) and can create parasitic connections. The button does not work because the water connects constantly it's pads which under normal conditions does button.
Other cause may be water on the PCB. That'the worsest scenario because in that case an electrolytic dissociation and chips malfunction may start because of the power presence.
All of this is the most possible of course, the actual reason for the malfunction will be found when the console is taken apart. The water (wherever it is) must be removed. I recommend you not to use the Vita untill removing the water, because it's PCB and electricity biggest enemy. Serious aftermath may occur for the Vita.