New Gaming Build After 4 Years - Looking for Feedback

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hi guys :)

So I've been looking around for a new gaming build as I could definitely do with one after about 4 years. Been changing individual parts here and there but figured was time for a proper upgrade!

Below is what I've thought of getting with some details on why below:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£16.32 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£68.28 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£64.97 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£99.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card (£227.90 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case (£54.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£83.93 @ Aria PC)
Total: £778.37

Some details on the parts I've picked:

CPU: Always wanted to get an i5 4670k. Nothing wrong with AMD and I'm currently using an old AMD Athlon II X4 620 (2.6GHz) and was thinking of an FX-8350. I don't plan on overclocking so could use a normal i5 4670 but it's only a few quid more for the unlocked version.

CPU Cooler: Using one of these on my current build on an AMD CPU and find it to be surprisingly good. Again not overclocking so this will be more than sufficient and rather use an after-market CPU cooler than a stock cooler.

Motherboard: I prefer Gigabyte boards and this seems to fit the bill being reasonable price for what it offers.

Memory: Always gone with Corsair RAM and 8GB is more than enough for games. Also, these RAM modules actually look pretty cool!

Storage: Waited a long time to get an SSD and seems Samsung is a very popular choice for price, reliability etc. Will use this for Windows drive and could drop this down to a 128GB SSD if needed instead of 250GB.

Graphics Card: Again going by what I've used before found MSI to be good performance vs price. Using an MSI GTX 460 now so a MSI GTX 760 with 4GB GDDR5 will be a heck of an upgrade and the extra GDDR memory will help too.

Case: Deciding between this Antec 300 Two and a Thermaltake Commander case. Currently use an Antec P180 case which, like the Antec 300 Two seems more 'discreet' compared to the gaming look of the Thermaltake Commander case. Seen the Antec 300 Two in action and seems pretty quiet which I like.

Power Supply: 650W might probably be overkill considering it's a gold rated PSU. However, the list above does not include some extra parts I'll cannibalise from my existing PC; 3 normal hard disks (1 for media storage and 2 in RAID for Steam games), a Blu-ray drive and a Creative X-Fi sound card.

Other: Already got keyboard, mouse, monitor, headset etc ready

That's the gist of it really. Any thoughts/comments would be useful and hope to maybe get this lot next month! Thanks for viewing! :)

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Cheers :)

The only experience I've had with XFX is with a much older graphics card which was pretty good but not looked into their PSU's. Had some bad experience with cheaper PSU's hence why I tried out Corsair and seems to be pretty solid even now, I'll look up the XFX equivalent and see what they have to say!