How to connect Blu Ray player to a Direct Drive architecture monitor

xiqueno

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I would like to watch Blu Ray movies from my player (Oppo 103) on my monitor (HP Zr2740w). My problem is that the monitor has Direct Drive Architecture and cannot upscale images at less than its native resolution (2560 x 1440 @60Hz)--this according to HP. The monitor has only DisplayPort and DVI dual link inputs (no HDMI). Anyway, I believe the HDMI signal is limited to 1920 x 1200.

Is there a feasible hardware solution that would upscale the HDMI output of the Blu Ray player to match the native resolution of the monitor? And then carry that signal in either Display Port or DVI dual link cables. Would that work?

Thanks.

xiqueno

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Thanks. I've already ordered a BR burner for my PC, but I was still hoping to find out if there was a way of connecting the Oppo. Here's why--maybe mistaken assumption. But I can look at the same DVD either played through PC optical drive and software or (on an HDMI compliant monitor) the output of the Oppo. THere is a big difference in quality. I'm guessing that any BR burner I get for my PC won't have the kind of video processing that Oppo offers.