monitor/ tv Calibration

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
This is a topic i havent seen much about so i want some opinions.

Is it really worth to buy some monitor calibration tool? like the spyder elite 4 that is one of the most popular ones.

Do you guys calibrate your monitors and does it really make that big of a difference, i guess on ips screens it would make a bigger difference and there it maybe will be worth it.

So would it be worth buying the spyder elite calibration tool?

I do - I've got an old Spyder2Express. Makes a massive difference, particularly on older monitors where the backlights have aged.

That said, I would strongly not recommend a Colorvision/Spyder one. Their treatment of Linux and FOSS stuff is horrific, and despite you buying the hardware, you still have to keep the software key.

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Yea but its not that bad to keep the software key but they work good for windows? so do you think it is worth it for new ips monitors to get the best colours? and new hd tv's ? or my normal 1080p led monitor?

So for that you think that the calibration makes a big difference? i think it would be good for the single reason of multi monitor setup so you can have them all show the exact same colours

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

What brand would you recommend that are in the same or cheaper price range? that does a really good work?