Games starting alt tabbed and not tabbing back in.

Norman Abuata

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
Title pretty much says it all, except the problem is that it does it with every single game and will not alt tab back in without me spam clicking the icon on my toolbar. I think its a video card problem because i'm running 2 monitors but it doesn't really make any sense because my second monitor is more of a utility rather than a gaming monitor. I'm not really sure how i can make it more specific, it just wont tab back in without either crashing or just not working.

Solution

Ahh sorry I misunderstood what your wrote. Have you tried re-installing your drivers that may take care of it.

Norman Abuata

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013

I don't think its unusual for 1 or 2 games to do this occasionally, but the problem I'm having is that it isn't just 1 or 2 games its all of mine and i cant seem to get it to stop, I've tried restarting, turning the other monitor off, restarting steam, my drivers are all up to date i just cant get it to not alt tab on start.

Ahh sorry I misunderstood what your wrote. Have you tried re-installing your drivers that may take care of it.

Solution

Norman Abuata

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013

Just did it and good news is that it fixed some of them but others are still doing it.