Can I get the Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2GB GDDR5 Video Card while running a Intel Dual core E2180

chiefs2582

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
I would like to know if this would make any impact. I was going to pick up this sweet GPU until I have the money to upgrade and build my own system. I play a lot of Steam games and am just looking for something that will run most of the basics. Currently, I have a Radeon 4550 and I'm lucky to be able to run Golden Axe (okay I can run more than that, but not to well). I just want a cheap upgrade in the interim to keep my gaming alive while I save up for my dream rig.

I'm just going through my old threads and checking on the ones that aren't marked "Solution Solved" to make sure that there is nothing left that is in question. If your problem is solved, please mark it solved so that others can benefit from the thread as well. If it is indeed still unsolved, let me know and we'll see about getting it solved for you. :)

chiefs2582

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
Sorry, it was my first post. I didn't know there was a solution section. I tried looking up my exact motherboard but it was a Dell prebuild so it didn't have much information. I was just hoping it would up the graphics enough before upgrade so I could play some games like GTA 4 with decent graphics. Figured it's worth it for now if that would work. Was also looking at the MSI R9 270 today since I'd like to use it for a future build at all. Right now I have a low end Radeon I got for 55 bucks a while ago. But thanks for your insight, as long as it will run and I can see a noticeable upgrade, it's good for now. I just wasn't sure with the slow processor and only 4GB of RAM if I'd see much better performance. I'm very new (but dedicated now) to this stuff :)

Sorry, I'm a noob. All I see is add a solution and it doesn't list solution solved. If you tell me where to click I'll gladly update this.

Khaleal

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
You'll have a bottleneck. Try overclocking your CPU since that might help minimizing it's effect. Otherwise, R9 270 is a great card for the money and you'll enjoy smooth gaming until you upgrade your system and be able to run the card at its full power.

chiefs2582

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

Thank you very much. I'll have to research exactly what a "bottleneck" is.

chiefs2582

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

I am trying to close out the thread. But the only buttons listed at the bottom of each post say "add/remove quotes" "BBcode" and "report abuse. There is nothing that says solution :(

As far as my motherboard. It's in an OEM Dell Inspiron 518. When I looked up the system information, the only thing it says under the model of the board is Inspiron 518. I was about to order the card last night but was hoping you would be able to give me a little reassurance that it will fit on my board with ease. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm trying to learn as much as possible. But man, learning specs and what will be compatible is quite a daunting task. Thanks god for wonderful forums like this!!!

Khaleal

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Mark one of the solutions as Best solution and this question will be marked as "Solved"

Panagio

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015

Yes it will fit just fine dont worry