Keyboard and mouse - Logitech MK 550 wireless desktop combo
Monitor - ASUS VX238H 23" 1ms HDMI Full HD LED Monitor with Speaker
CPU - i7 4770K
SSD - Crucial m500 120GB SATA II
Case - Fractal R4
Graphics card - Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB TOXIC OC
PSU- Thermaltake W0356 Litepower 700W or Corsair CX-600 V3
RAM - G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB (2x 8GB)
Wireless card - $20
CD Drive - $20
HDD - Western Digital WD20EZRX WD 2TB
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14
Additional fan - Fractal Design Silent Series R2 120mm Fan
Some questions for everyone.
1) What do you think of the PSU? Can i go for a lower voltage one? Is thethermltake any good? I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. Another choice was the Zalman ZM-700-GV 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply. How do you compare the two? What are your thoughts on the Corsair CX-600 V3 80+
Any other suggestions you might have would also be appreciated on the PSU choice.
2) Should i get an additonal fan for this case? Is it worth it? Can you please tell me why if so.
3) What do you make of:
a) the keyboard choice? Looking for something that i can type at length with. Not so much for gaming, but an all round versatile keyboard. Looking at MK models for now, but open to other suggestions. Under $100.
b) the monitor choice? Under $200 over here. looking for something 2ms and under.
4) What do you make of the overall build? It will be used for non-gaming about 70% of the time, particularly programming.
1. None of the above - the Corsair CX is relatively weak compared to the rest of their line. Thermaltake and Zalman PSUs are junk, and on a build for your budget I wouldn't subject to a sub par unit. Go with a Seasonic G series or an XFX Pro series instead - far better units.
2. No - no reason to splurge on fans until you have your build up and running.