Looking to build a new gaming computer.

Dhanvanthri

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Guys, I want to build a gaming computer, and I've done quite a bit of research, and I've come up with this build. I'm planning on using it in India, where I currently live, and it gets hot as shit over here (30 degrees celcius + quite often).
This is the build I currently have. I plan on taking my PC with me when I go to college this fall.
Please look at it, and feel free to make changes, but keep the price under 2000$ +- 50$

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCVu

I also found this one while looking through a similar post on Tom's Hardware. and I want to know if they are equivalent, or if one is infinitely superior to the other:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3giSM

If there are any parts that aren't compatible etc, or any parts that I can replace with better parts for comparable prices, please let me know.
Thanks,
-Dhanvanthri

EDIT: Updated the power supply to an 850W Platinum power supply.

fatboyslimerr

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I would personally only ever use Crucial, Samsung or Intel SSDs due to amazing reliability, better quality memory chips and better controllers. I love my samsung 840.

Also I think you need a higher amp PSU, either the XFX ProSeries or Antec High Current Gamer are good choices.

If you are purely using the PC for top gaming you really don't need an i7 4770K. Get a i5 4670K and spend the extra on an all-in-one water cooler such as H100i.

Dhanvanthri

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

I was reading up on the processor thing, and saw that some games coming out in the near future might make use of Hyper Threading to run faster and better. Is the CPU really not worth an upgrade?
Also, this is the first time I'm building a computer, and I'm scared of water coolers.
Do I really need a larger power supply though? I don't know anything about power supplies, so a little info would be great.

Hanna2014

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi, everybody!wow, that`s very cool, when people try to create smth. I`m not a geek or a computer genius, but I want to give a small piece of advice regarding design (because I`m obsessed by it quite hard))). After fixing all software issues, of course pay attention on the name, brand and logo. Visit Logaster, don`t think that it`s an advertisement, i`m just talking on the point of design. so, good luck in your start-up)