Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

psu for evga gtx770 sc + asus gtx 650 ti as physx

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 25, 2014 11:03:34 PM

guys do you think my 600w aerocool psu is enough for both gpus? i haven't try it yet and i don't wanna take the risk thats why im asking first. hope you can help me.thanks
March 27, 2014 9:10:50 AM

You can get a wayy more reliable brand =). Go for Corsair, XFX or Seasonic!
1. You can't combine those 2 GPU's?
2. For a gtx 770, the minumum PSU recommended by the NVidia site = 600w =).

I don't know your budget, but you should try to go for one of those brands + one of their PSU's with an 80+ bronze/higher certificate.
March 27, 2014 1:34:41 PM

BnG said:
You can get a wayy more reliable brand =). Go for Corsair, XFX or Seasonic!
1. You can't combine those 2 GPU's?
2. For a gtx 770, the minumum PSU recommended by the NVidia site = 600w =).

I don't know your budget, but you should try to go for one of those brands + one of their PSU's with an 80+ bronze/higher certificate.


maybe ill buy CORSAIR HX850 850W 80+SILVER MOD.

Related resources
March 27, 2014 1:58:06 PM

It's not, as BnG said the min psu requirements is 600 and running it with your system with another card isn't enough, also considering the brand, I wouldn't trust that .. OCZ, Corsair, Mushkin, Cooler Master :) 
March 27, 2014 2:43:08 PM

Ralph Irving Dizon said:
BnG said:
You can get a wayy more reliable brand =). Go for Corsair, XFX or Seasonic!
1. You can't combine those 2 GPU's?
2. For a gtx 770, the minumum PSU recommended by the NVidia site = 600w =).

I don't know your budget, but you should try to go for one of those brands + one of their PSU's with an 80+ bronze/higher certificate.


maybe ill buy CORSAIR HX850 850W 80+SILVER MOD.



Why buy such a powerful PSU? You could save a lot of money by just going for 600w for the 770? Or are you going to add another 770 later on? I don't exactly know the min. recommended requirements for SLI 770...

There is no use in buying an overkill PSU. Your system will only use a certain amount of watts and what is left will just be "extra/leftover" and won't be used. You would be wasting a lot of money buying a 850 PSU, even though it might be a very good one, as your system won't need that many watts (unless you are going for SLI 770).

March 28, 2014 9:34:19 AM

yes i plan to add another gtx770 later, but as of now my problem is my aerocool strike-x 600w 80+ bronze psu if it can handle both gtx770 and gtx650 ti for a dedicated physx. btw heres my spec.
cpu = intel i7 3770
mobo = asrock z77 pro3 (ill change it to asrock extreme6)
gpu = evga gtx770 sc
hdd = 1tera seagate baracuda
ram = x4 4gig kingston hyperx blu
cpu cooler = cm v8 gts
and x8 120mm thermaltake thunderblade red led on my cm storm scout 2 casing.
March 28, 2014 9:53:49 AM

Ralph Irving Dizon said:
yes i plan to add another gtx770 later, but as of now my problem is my aerocool strike-x 600w 80+ bronze psu if it can handle both gtx770 and gtx650 ti for a dedicated physx. btw heres my spec.
cpu = intel i7 3770
mobo = asrock z77 pro3 (ill change it to asrock extreme6)
gpu = evga gtx770 sc
hdd = 1tera seagate baracuda
ram = x4 4gig kingston hyperx blu
cpu cooler = cm v8 gts
and x8 120mm thermaltake thunderblade red led on my cm storm scout 2 casing.


You can't run the 770 and 650ti together, they are 2 totally different cards! And also, the 770 alone requires a 600w PSU, you won't be able to add any other card without problems :l.
March 28, 2014 10:06:23 AM

then i really need 850w or higher psu to run those two cards w/ additional 770 later. btw i wont sli the 770 and 650, ill just use the 650 for physx atm until i can add another 770 for 2 way sli.
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 28, 2014 10:08:11 AM

BnG said:
Ralph Irving Dizon said:
yes i plan to add another gtx770 later, but as of now my problem is my aerocool strike-x 600w 80+ bronze psu if it can handle both gtx770 and gtx650 ti for a dedicated physx. btw heres my spec.
cpu = intel i7 3770
mobo = asrock z77 pro3 (ill change it to asrock extreme6)
gpu = evga gtx770 sc
hdd = 1tera seagate baracuda
ram = x4 4gig kingston hyperx blu
cpu cooler = cm v8 gts
and x8 120mm thermaltake thunderblade red led on my cm storm scout 2 casing.


You can't run the 770 and 650ti together, they are 2 totally different cards! And also, the 770 alone requires a 600w PSU, you won't be able to add any other card without problems :l.


Yes you can, hes already said the 650 Ti is for Physx, which is fine. You can run the 770 as the primary card and the 650 Ti dedicated to Physx.

A decent 600w (not your aerocool) can run the 770 and 650 Ti together, but for 770 SLi I would want a 750w really.
March 28, 2014 10:21:07 AM

man if other 600w brands psu can run it, it means i really need to replace my psu. i think ill go for 850w or higher so i can still use my 650 for physx if needed even on 2 gtx770 sli.
March 28, 2014 12:26:29 PM

Ralph Irving Dizon said:
man if other 600w brands psu can run it, it means i really need to replace my psu. i think ill go for 850w or higher so i can still use my 650 for physx if needed even on 2 gtx770 sli.


850w would be more than plenty =). I wouldn't risk the 600w for 770 + 650 (which apparently can run as a 2nd GPU for physx), you would need to upgrade soon and the recommended PSU for a 770 alone is already 600w (this is on the safe side though).
March 29, 2014 6:06:30 AM

BnG said:
Ralph Irving Dizon said:
man if other 600w brands psu can run it, it means i really need to replace my psu. i think ill go for 850w or higher so i can still use my 650 for physx if needed even on 2 gtx770 sli.


850w would be more than plenty =). I wouldn't risk the 600w for 770 + 650 (which apparently can run as a 2nd GPU for physx), you would need to upgrade soon and the recommended PSU for a 770 alone is already 600w (this is on the safe side though).


and if i add another 770 for 2 way sli then 650 ti still for physx the 850w will still be enough? or maybe ill just sli the gtx 770 without using the 650 as physx.

March 29, 2014 8:52:05 AM

Ralph Irving Dizon said:
BnG said:
Ralph Irving Dizon said:
man if other 600w brands psu can run it, it means i really need to replace my psu. i think ill go for 850w or higher so i can still use my 650 for physx if needed even on 2 gtx770 sli.


850w would be more than plenty =). I wouldn't risk the 600w for 770 + 650 (which apparently can run as a 2nd GPU for physx), you would need to upgrade soon and the recommended PSU for a 770 alone is already 600w (this is on the safe side though).


and if i add another 770 for 2 way sli then 650 ti still for physx the 850w will still be enough? or maybe ill just sli the gtx 770 without using the 650 as physx.



Minimum recommended wattage for 2x 770 is 850w. I guess you get a nice one. I wouldn't include the 650 as a 3rd GPU though (might be a bit too much for the system).
March 29, 2014 1:26:25 PM

BnG said:
Ralph Irving Dizon said:
BnG said:
Ralph Irving Dizon said:
man if other 600w brands psu can run it, it means i really need to replace my psu. i think ill go for 850w or higher so i can still use my 650 for physx if needed even on 2 gtx770 sli.


850w would be more than plenty =). I wouldn't risk the 600w for 770 + 650 (which apparently can run as a 2nd GPU for physx), you would need to upgrade soon and the recommended PSU for a 770 alone is already 600w (this is on the safe side though).


and if i add another 770 for 2 way sli then 650 ti still for physx the 850w will still be enough? or maybe ill just sli the gtx 770 without using the 650 as physx.



Minimum recommended wattage for 2x 770 is 850w. I guess you get a nice one. I wouldn't include the 650 as a 3rd GPU though (might be a bit too much for the system).


thanks BnG ill just remove my 650 later when i got another 770 for sli.
March 29, 2014 2:27:41 PM

Sounds like an excellent plan ;) 
!