Belkin N+600 Router issue

Crusherkun

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Last night, i got home to find the dreaded yellow triangle saying that i had no internet access. So I went through the usual powerdowns and restarts of the modem, router, and pc, and in various orders and sequences. When that didnt work, I checked with my ISP and was able to find that i could get internet if i took the Lan cable running to my PC from my router, unplug it from the router and plug it directly into the modem. After some refreshing of IP addresses and searching for updated drivers (for which there were none) - I plugged back into my router to find that it was still not able to relay a signal to my desktop, however, it was able to Wi-fi connect to my devices and give my smart phones, tablets, and PS3 internet access. By virtue of these sequences i have ruled out that my cables are bad and the it must lie within the ports on the back of the router themselves. I did try to plug into the second LAN port and no affect. I have 2 more, but by this point in the evening, I was ready to go all "Office Space" on my router, so I stopped and decided to waste some time at work this morning getting the opinion of the masses!!

PLEASE HELP - With the weekend coming up, and me just getting back into PC Gaming, I really would hate to leave my family in the lerch without WI-FI while i am glued to my PC all weekend.

Replace the router, most of the home models start to give trouble after a while unless you pay top-dollar for a high-quality one like the "Billion" range. Belkin is certainly not in that league.

I've got through three Netgear wireless routers in the past six months - a new one always fixed the problem straight away - - so it was definitely the existing router that had failed.

Crusherkun

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Well thats what i was thinking but hoping to avoid. Unless someone else has a different opinion or something else i need to try, I guess thats the route i need to take after my next pay day!

Crusherkun

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Well I went and purchased a N300 Belkin IEEE router to replace my previous one. And I STILL CANNOT GET MY PC ONLINE, and further more, Now i can even get the new N300 recognized by my PC so that i can change the router name and change the password. Had no choice but to put the old N600 back in line and resync so i at least had WiFi for the family and their devices!