monitor stuck in power save mode

my monitor is in power save mode and the screen is blank but if i press one of the little buttons on the bottom of the monitor is displays the power save mode message.
Please Help
7 answers Last reply
More about monitor stuck power save mode
  1. Also check the Cable to the Monitor that none of the pins are bent (if using VGA plug)
    If you can use an alternative input to the monitor test with this also
  2. The monitor is either "locked up', or is not getting a signal from the computer. Unplug the monitor from power, wait a few seconds, then power it back up. If that does not work, press the reset button on your computer - your computer may be locked up in standby mode. If that doesn't work, connect the monitor to another computer to see if it will come on. If not, then you most likely have a failed monitor.[/quotemsg
  3. Thank you for your post but that did not work............
  4. Markkk said:
    Also check the Cable to the Monitor that none of the pins are bent (if using VGA plug)
    If you can use an alternative input to the monitor test with this also

Thanks Markk.....Cable seems to be working but something wrong with the Monitor not awaking up.
  5. Do you have a gpu installed
  6. And if so I was told that the gpu could be the problem
  7. And I just took out the GPU and it worked. But I am still trying to see if I can fix the problem about the GPU. If I do I will message you
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Monitors Power Displays