How will this run skyrim?

imnotagamer007

Honorable
Feb 22, 2014
Hey guys I plan on buying some new parts with an upcoming paycheck and I want to know how they will do in Skyrim. Right now I have to play skyrim using medium settings and I wouldn't dare try using an enb, but that will change when I get these new parts. I'd like to know if I'd be able to use an enb on high/ultra with a Gtx 750 and an intel i5 3470S.

Right now I only have a g860 and an amd6670. So what kind of performance should I expect to get out of skyrim when I upgrade?

Sharphawk1234

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

You probably want to pay the extra $30 and get the 750ti if you want to play at 1080p it should max out skyrim at higher than 40fps but the 750 will be around 30 which is unplayable. If youre ok with 720p then the 750 should be ok.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

It should be much better @ 720p. Might be able to run at max settings. As mentioned above, the 750 Ti is a step up and the one I have for my other machine is this factory OC version: http://www.evga.com/articles/00821/#3753
Still needs no 6 pin aux cable and can play Crysis 3 at mid settings @ 1080p with an old Phenom II X4 3.2 GHZ.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/02/18/nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-review/8
note that they are using 8xmsaa. you do not need 8xmsaa, 4xmsaa is more than enough, and also, you can inject near performance free smaa, which i will get to later, and you can fully expect at least a full 10fps added to all those benchmark numbers that way.

the non ti gtx750 is slightly slower than a 650ti. if you can stretch you budget out a little bit for 750ti i think you would happier with the performance.

if you use boris's original enb over at enbdev.com and use the built in smaa and memory management, you wont have to use the costly msaa that skyrim uses. also its very hard to notice the difference between the two as far as quality goes. the stock enb without all the extra eye candy only enables a few engine fixes, memory management which helps out a bunch, and smaa which is injected to give a noticable improvement to performance.