ASUS VS239HR IPS 23 inch VS Asus VN248H IPS 23.8 inch which is better?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
hey..i currently have ASUS VS239HR IPS 23 inch..and i noticed that it got dead pixels, so I'm gonna exchange it..but the problem is that its out of stock..i looked for a new IPS monitor and i only found this > Asus VN248H IPS 23.8 inch .. would it be a good replacement? , although i prefer to keep my current monitor , so can dead pixels be fixed by the warranty? could they be able to fix it?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

i know..but i only have these two options in my country egypt..and like i said i currently have ASUS VS239HR IPS 23 inch
but it have dead pixels..so can the warranty fix it?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thank you..i actually have like 7 pixels..all dark and small ones..except 1 pixel that kindda noticeable at the bottom middle of the screen..and yes i think there is almost no difference between the two monitor..except that my current monitor have a DVI..but the other have only HDMI and VGA

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thank you again..you mean that i return my panel and get back my money then i buy the new model? i was thinking about that also...but the better option i wish to happened is that these dead pixel can be fixed by the warranty without having a replacement..can that happen ? or dead pixel cannot be fix even by them?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

unfortunately those two IPS Brands is the only ones are available here in egypt..i can wait for new brands but i dunno how long i will wait..so i guess i will return it and try to get the other model..however i didn't had these dead pixel when i got my current monitor it had Zero dead pixels..it only showed after 7 months from buying it..i guess after i cleaned my monitor with an alcohol..so i don't know if that the reason

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thank you i appreciate your help..but one last thing please..
you mean that they won't take it in warranty after 7 months? or they can take it and give me the money without exchanging it? it have 3 years warranty..
and if it was not a defective pixels but small damage or particles from cleaning..can it be fixed?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

these black dots are inside the monitor glass itself and i made sure from that..i tried rubbing it slowly..it kept getting smaller while rubbing it but after i remove my hand it come back to that shape of a pin point ..it maybe a dead pixels..i guess dead pixels can also appear from cleaning with alcohol
i hope they can fix it ..but the important question can they take it back in warranty? ( i won't tell them that i cleaned it with an alcohol for sure) lol

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thank you..i'll try to tell them everything..and hope it works..thanks again