Which one of these two AH-IPS monitors?

NeuroN

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
Well I am interest in good color quality and, once you can't derive that from the specifications and there are no reviews, I think I have to rely on chance.

My intuition tells me NEC. I find LG as the more show off, less quality-oriented company, judging from their products I have come in touch with so far. Although they say that this monitor is "color calibrated" I don't know if I can trust that this means guaranteed color accuracy.

NeuroN

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
The "color calibrated" feature is for LG.

They didn't produce 5:4 monitors for a long time. This Nec is 5 months old and the LG is just some days fresh (launched March 2014). I suppose there is still a demand on the market (from people like me).

Thank you for the three monitors scenario but this new monitor will just replace one of the two that I have now. They play in clone mode which means that even a 5:4 but 21" will show a black surrounding, because the clone mode will take the smallest resolution and play it on both screens.

And that's exactly what I'm thinking.
I know that LG makes panels, even the AH-IPS technology was developed by LG. But this doesn't mean that they make top monitors. Eizo, the most awarded company, doesn't make panels. Most of Eizo IPS panels are supplied to them by LG.
On the contrary, LG is known for the low-cost products in the market.
Some additional theory from my side is this; Maybe the colors on the LG were so bad that extra calibration was necessary. The 1ms less response time could have some slight impact on color reproduction (LG is the type of company that cares for what the customer can spot more easily, and that's the 5 vs 6 ms, not the color accuracy). Well, of course, that's a theory.

NeuroN

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006

I cannot order a monitor from amazon to Greece. Also there would be at least a +20euro shipping cost. But I found them somewhere else here; Lg 155e, Nec 195e.

Last thought is to give a chance to LG because I never owned one. From Nec I had one great product and another moderate/not so good.