Question about compatibility and quality

G

I kind of assumed that the CPU was good, especially since I thought that the K meant it could be overclocked, but I can change that. As for the motherboard, I liked the connections and didn't know it was for business. I'm kind of clueless I guess haha but also as it is that is already maxing out my budget. Do you have any suggestions for a cheap but good Intel CPU for gaming or for a motherboard?

G

I hate to say this, but my budget is already pretty stretched. Do you know of any motherboard that would be good for around $70-80? That really is the most that I could go unfortunately. Thanks for all the help!

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Dude get the i5 4570 for $159! That is a great motherboard you selected, but you could save another $10-12 by going with a microATX B85 motherboard. There will be no loss of performance or quality. You could save another $6 or $7 by getting a different 1TB hard drive. That is not a particularly good price on that case. I think you could save up to $20 more on a decent case unless you just love that one. You could also probably save some money on a different disc drive. ALl in all I think you could save a little bit of money and sneak in a GTX 750 ti too.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Here! It's a bit cheaper and I added the GTX 750ti. I didn't mess with that case just in case you preferred it.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hM0j
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hM0j/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hM0j/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Raidmax ATX-248NWU (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $633.85
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 00:23 EDT-0400)

G

Wow. Thanks for doing this. Before I saw this, I had just seen your suggestion about the different CPU and other ways to save, so I went through and ironically picked pretty much the same stuff. It would appear we have similar ways of thinking. I did sill need a HDD however due to the fact that one that I picked was taken off Amazon almost immediately after I added it to my list, which was really weird timing.

G

Yeah, I'm gonna switch the case to a cheaper one if I can, plus I'm gonna use the hard drive that you suggested. That will make the total cost around what I was going for in the first place, plus it's the quality that I was looking for as well.