PC turns on and off repeatedly

bengalman211

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I recently built a PC but a few months ago my mobo broke down i guess and I just received a new one from asrock and when I set everything up the whole system (fans, lights, etc.) turns on and off. However when I plug my mobo speaker in, it beeps like it's trying to tell me something but since the pc shuts off too fast I don't know what it's telling me.

bengalman211

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

I put in standoffs and screwed the screws into them, they are also in the correct places and I made sure when I put it in that they weren't to tight. Thanks for response

bengalman211

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Of so during breadboarding I figured out that when the Powersupply plug that goes into the motherboard (not the 24-pin one, the 4-pin one) is not plugged in it turns on normally and gives no POST. What does this tell me?

bengalman211

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I put everything back in the case and turned on the PSU this immediately caused the powerlight to start flashing and a high-pitched beeping noise emitting from what I can only guess is the mobo speaker. So if the mobo speaker and pwr light are working.....Is the mobo dead?