Looking to buy a TN monitor (UK)

barticom

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hi there, I'm in the market for a new monitor as I'm sick to death of my 720p 32'' TV that sullys my PC. In particular, I'd like a 27'' 1080p TN monitor for no more than £200, with a response time of 4ms or less, 60hz refresh rate and HDMI input (displayport is a bonus, but not required). The monitor should be tiltable too to avoid the bad viewing angles with a TN, which will allow me to watch movies in bed.

Primary usage will be gaming and movies. I did a little hunting myself and found these 2 monitors, so I would like some second opinions and if not better recommendations!

iiyama E2773 (~£170)
BenQ EW2740L (~£200)

Thanks in advance.

barticom

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

I have used 1080p on a 50'' Plasma TV and I am enthralled with it, a monitor of lower size and better colors will be eye candy for me. I also found another monitor, the Asus VE278Q which has a reasonable price, this seems to be the industry leading monitor and is very popular with lots of people. What do you guys think?

It will look a lot better... pretty much realistic hehe.

The BenQ EW2740L is a decent monitor in my opinion. Never heard of the IIYAMA E2773 so I can't say much about it.

It will look a lot better... pretty much realistic hehe.

The BenQ EW2740L is a decent monitor in my opinion. Never heard of the IIYAMA E2773 so I can't say much about it.