200$ to 300$ budget gaming pc, SUGGESTIONS WANTED:)

IBuildComputers

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
Solution

You should not buy the dedicaed card.

Ther were a couple different GPUs that could pair with the APUs (7750 and 7770, possibly a few more), but they had frame pacing issues and were limited by the APU, and were the DDR3 version of the cards rather than the faster DDR5 versions. Having 2 GPUs otherwise just means that you either pick the onboard graphics or you use dedicated...

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
For that price, I don't think the power supply is going to be very good

The inbuilt graphics on the A6 are stronger than the dedicated graphics card. Skip the external graphics card and if you have more money, get the next tier of APU.

IBuildComputers

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

So youre saying that i shouldn't buy a dedicated graphics card?
Would it give extra power if I had 2 GPUS?

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

You should not buy the dedicaed card.

Ther were a couple different GPUs that could pair with the APUs (7750 and 7770, possibly a few more), but they had frame pacing issues and were limited by the APU, and were the DDR3 version of the cards rather than the faster DDR5 versions. Having 2 GPUs otherwise just means that you either pick the onboard graphics or you use dedicated graphics.

You're much better putting those $30 into a decent power supply. If a powersupply fails, there's a chance that it breaks hardware too. Better power supplies have a lower chance of failure and a higher chance of shutting down before damaging other hardware.

Solution