Looking for ram options, Assistance, and Feedback for a computer build with I5-3570k, Radeon HD 7850, & asus p8z68-v

Apr 1, 2014
Hello, I am looking for RAM options for my computer build and I'm wondering which RAM options would be best for hard core gaming and some feedback on Issues with the current build, things i can get to increase performance, and Some Over-all feedback

My computer Build so far is
an Asus p8z68-V motherboard

an I5-3570k Processor

a Radeon HD 7850 Graphics card

Two Drives:
128 to 256gb SSD for Windows/OS
And a 2TB Hard drive for Files and Games

And a Approximately 600w - 850w Power Supply Unit(would the Cooler Master V series 700 - 1kw be a viable Option?)

The Case I've found to be able to fit this build (i think) would be the Lian-Li PC-F9 case But It would help me Greatly if i could get a Professional Response from the community of Tom's Hardware

If You have Any Suggestions, Products, Or Feedback I'd Be ecstatic to Consider them in my build, Thank You!

High-performance RAM for gaming doesn't make sense. Just get some 1600 CAS9 RAM, and use that extra money to get better graphics card. The 7850 isn't that powerful. If you're going with a single CPU, a 550w PSU will be plenty, or if you want to SLI/Crossfire in the future, a 750w-850w is plenty.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it does actually - on Intel Haswell especially, the higher speed RAM you get will greatly affect the outcome of overclocking your CPU: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell

OP - I'm confused - are you building a new rig or is this an existing rig you're looking to upgrade? If it's a new build don't bother with that motherboard and CPU combo - get the i5-4670K instead and a Radeon R7-260X or GTX 760 / 770. Posting your budget will help us help you better.

g-unit, your link shows minimal improvement in gaming for 'high-performance' RAM, now you confused me lol Anand shows a max difference of around 5%, and certainly was not a stable 5% increase. Taking into account regular RAM can be bought at $65 and 'high-performance' RAM can be bought for over twice that, there is no real benefit to it for gaming.

But now I'm confused on his situation as well, I was under the impression he already had that CPU and motherboard when I first read it, but now I don't know lol

g-unit1111

Titan

Actually RAM is really expensive right now and that's due to a shortage of components in Taiwan. There's no RAM sets that currently retail for $65, and the cheapest ones I've seen are from G.Skill and those retail for around $84 for DDR3 1600. 2133 is around the $90 mark. It won't make a huge difference in the long run you're right there, but at the same time it definitely won't hurt things to have faster RAM speeds the way it did on Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge.