GTX 770 SLI Build issues

Lhyde123

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
So I'm building my first pc and a few of my friends are going to help me, together they have built many pc's. My problem however is I was originally going with the 780ti and have decided to switch to two GTX 770 SLI instead. I've been reading on the forum about problems people run into from SLI and running 2 GPU's. Any one else have any problems? I'm going to be treading into some new water now because my friends have never set up SLI before and wondering if any one has any tips from as far as performance goes and set up goes... Also before I decided to run two 770's I only bought a 750w PSU should this be enough or will I need to bump it up 50-100w?? Also I will continue reading the forums and threads (not trying to take the easy way out by posting this!) I just want a little insight and maybe some tips that other people have found over the years that maybe isn't posted yet. Thanks again!!!!
Here's my build bought it last night and is in the mail now!!

CPU : Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard : Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150

Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage : 1)Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

2) Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: 1) EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)

2)EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Case : Raidmax ATX-605BT ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply : EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer

Operating System : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Looks good, 750 is the lowest I'd go with your rig, would prefer a 800 for a little extra breathing room. As far as the mobo and the rest, no problem, I'm running a paior of 780s in SLI on my Hero (in sig)....if you run into any problems give a shout

Lhyde123

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Thanks guys. I made a few changes though.....
I upgraded to an 850w PSU, Ditched the two 770's and bought a 780ti, Ditched the G.Skills and got 4x4G 1866 Corsair dominator platinum. If I would have known I was going to make these changes I would have upgraded from the hero to the formula when I first bought them.. Should the hero be fine or do you guys think I am going to need to go ahead and get the formula or even extreme??

Lhyde123

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
OOooo and everything should start coming in the mail tomorrow (Monday) and throughout the week , I'll be posting pics of everything as soon as It's all together!!