So, I need your help again, guys and gals.

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hello! I have come back from a period of absence in search of help from this great community. I need a specific part that I'm hoping some of you have either had experience with or who could point me in the right direction as far as some possible options.

I need a 5 1/4" hot swap bay for a single 2 1/2" SSD. The catch is, it needs to be lockable. Lock and key mechanism. I'm looking for the lowest possible cost on a part like this.

Does anyone have some suggestions? I really appreciate your feedback!

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Thank you kindly! Pibee, yes - exactly like that. I just wish it was a little cheaper. I'm trying to order 75 of them, so $15-$20 a piece would be perfect.

Popatim, these are for a University and I want to avoid "rigging" anything by using bay adapters inside the hot swap bay. A 5 1/4" bay adapter to house a 3 1/2" drive is fine because it doesn't look any different. I appreciate your contribution, though. :)

I'm still open to suggestions if anyone knows of any that are a little cheaper than the IcyDock.

popatim

Titan
Since you are going to be using these in a University I just want you to realize that they are plastic and even though they lock they are still incredibly easy to pop open and take out the drives. I hope these will be in a supervised setting.