Discuss: Using Airhockey Table Fan for PC Cooling

Kaleb Shubert

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
How would it be done?
What problems would be created from doing this?, How would they be solved?

I do not overclock but I posted this here because using this fan could be useful to overclockers who don't care about noise, or can muffle the noise of loud air-hockey fans.

Sadly, I cannot game as all I have is a netbook, and to prevent it from freezing when playing the games I can play I use the airhockey fan during loading times and such...

Edit: This off topic, but, the best game I could play on this netbook was starcraft 2
I also have played league of legends, and I played Just Cause 2 through Onlive which was pretty cool

Textfield

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013

Ummm....

Well, I've heard of people cooling their computers with old car radiators, so I don't see why it can't be done. I'm also not sure why it would be done.

Really what you're talking about is a ridiculously powerful fan. That can help push air through any kind of heatsink, but surface area and other things become quick bottlenecks to the cooling.

Computer cooling seems to be some kind of arms race, as companies continually try these wildly new approaches, only to find they get a fraction of a degree shaved off and nothing more. Certainly there have been developments, but...

Have you dusted out your netbook?