Cases! Having a hard time deciding; your input needed

myelbow

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I was going for an mATX size case so far as I knew in the beginning but as the purchase and build time draws closer I am having a hard time deciding on something. You fine people in all your experience hopefully can provide some pros/cons and hands-on regarding the following cases currently on my short list:

Cooler Master: N200
Corsair: Carbide 200R
Fractal Design: Arc Mini R2 or Define R4

That's 4 cases total and to be honest the FD Define R4 is winning in the looks department by a head and shoulders. Opinions on build quality, air flow, ease of build, materials used, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Seeking Solace

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

I like the Define R4, I'm currently having my own argument between the R4 and the NZXT Phantom 530.

myelbow

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Those are nice Fractal Design cases but I'm trying to build an mATX on the smaller side that would be okay to put on the table instead of under. My 2 year old son killed the last computer by always wondering over and powering it on/off randomly when nobody was looking.

Case decisions are difficult, especially on the cheap side of things as it's a struggle between looks and functionality at the lower price point. Reading reviews seems to indicate you get either great looks and shoddy quality or vice versa.

mike1996

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

i personally like the bitfenix prodigy its small but you can fit tow gtx titans and water cooling not to mention it hase handels for easy transport.

myelbow

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Well all this for nothing in the end. My old lady went with me to look at cases at computer store and I totally got approval to spend more because she liked something in particular. Coincidentally it was a case I wanted but didn't want to spend that much in the beginning. I ended up with the Cooler Master Cosmos SE. I am not going to run anything extravagant so it should do just fine for my purposes and it's a joy to look at.

Seeking Solace

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
At the end of the day, the case is a reflection of what you want, as well as what YOU will be looking at for the next couple of years. Great to see you found something you are happy with.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
That's quite the monster cabinet.

EdwardElric

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
the Fractal R4 is the best by far I have the (ATX/Black pearl) R4 at home It's a solid steel case, with great noise dampning qualities. you can tell they use every penny they earn back on their flagship R4 chasi sereies. If you can go to a store and just have a look at the build quality. ps have a look at their PSU series to.

myelbow

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Well the Cosmos SE isn't that big really although bigger than the choices posted originally. The Cosmos II on the other hand is absolutely gargantuan.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
The Cooler Master N200 would have the best airflow.
The Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 has good airflow too, and the Define R4 is sleeker with less airflow. Both look great.
The Corsair is the sleekest and prettiest, but I would rather have the N200 or Arc Mini R2, myself. Airflow is always good.