PC turning off then back on

kane young

Honorable
May 10, 2013
For a while now my computer has been randomly turning its self off, then straight away rebooting. I do not think it is a heat related issue as when i checked the temperature of the bios it was around 35C. The machine will even do this when I'm not doing much on the computer such as, browsing the internet.

I have also been having another issue. Sometimes the priories of my hard drives will switch and can normally be resolved by turning off the computer completely then turning it back on. When i don't do this and just restart i get this screen; (link to screenshot)
http://gyazo.com/a543b23cb711cdf10be699084f51b17d

Here are the components in my PC;

CPU - i5 4760k

RAM - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz

PSU - 450W

Motherboard - ASUS H87M - PLUS

Grahpics card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti

Liquid cooler; Corsair H40

HDD - 1TB
SSD - 60GB Vertex 3

Any information or advice will be much appreciated.
CSS:

Thanks!

kane young

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Thanks for your reply, I looked into updating my bios but i believe there is no update. Also can you elaborate more on what you mean by windows looks to be altered and checking my PSU, HDD.

Thanks again.

all of these can be check at the bios settings screen when you tap the DELETE button at the begining of the system boot
check if your hdd is recognize and check the memory modules if they are recognize and at the sametime check for the voltage accuracy in the bios screen

kane young

Honorable
May 10, 2013

They are recognized but sometimes my SSD (which has my os installed on) will not show. I then turn of the machine and back on, this normally solves the problem, but it is only temporarily.

Although that is not my biggest issue, I'm more concerned about my PC rebooting on its own >.>

kane young

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Thanks for your comment. I will try this

I did a memtest and apparently there are no errors