alienware 14 vs macbook pro 13"

ER1401

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
I am a 14 year old boy. I have wanted a Mac book pro for a while now but I am intruiged by the alienware 14. I will do some gaming on it, like minecraft garrysmod and possibly games like call of duty. I will use it for school and for gaming. I want something that will be long lasting and a good battery life. Price is a big deal for me, I like how the alienware 14 is $200 less than the macbook pro 13" .I have done my reasearch but I am going to continue it. I am leaning towards the alienware 14. Please let me know what you think. If you know of a better computer for me please let me know. Thanks.

Also if you do reccomend the alienware 14 should I get the i5 or the i7 processor?

The Alienware is the better gaming laptop, primarily because it has a discrete GPU in the form of a GTX 750M. For the same price as the MacBook you could upgrade to the mid-range Alienware, which has a much better processor than both laptops. It also has a full HD display compared to the 1280x800 one of the MacBook. It also has twice the memory, 50% more storage and a faster 7200rpm hard drive. That's before you get to the problem of game compatibility in OS X.

If you want a gaming laptop, it's a clear win for the mid-range Alienware. The only issue is that the discrete GPU isn't the best, so you'll probably have to tone down the resolution and post-processing effects for games like COD.

ER1401

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks a ton, you really helped me out but I am confused on one thing. I am not a really techy guy and I am confused when you said that I'll have to tone down the resolution for games like COD. Wouldn't that make the game look better