Wireless 360 controller performance on PC

WoodenSaucer

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I know that you can buy a wireless receiver to use your 360 controllers natively on your PC. I have a few questions for anyone who has experience with this.

I hear most people talking about using a wired controller. I'm hooking my PC up to my TV and playing games from my recliner, so a wired controller isn't an option for me. Does the wireless 360 controller on the PC perform as well as it does on the 360? I just want to make sure there's not any more lag on the PC than there is on the actual 360.

Also, does the USB wireless receiver allow you to sync multiple controllers?

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hi there, most of the ones on eBay and amazon support multiple controllers once the drivers are installed.
But from personal experience it did work when I was using minecontrol to play on minecraft, but I don't know whether it was the program or not but I did have a hint of lag every once and a while.
But this may of just been the program.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
The wireless receiver can handle 4 controllers at once, just like the 360. I have been using one on my system for over a year and I have not noticed any input lag on any of the games I play. The receiver I am using though is an official Microsoft device that came in the box with the controller, I have not tried any of the ~$10 clones that are widely available to see if there are any performance differences.