Another newb building PC

Oltspoiss

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Hi there! First of all, english isnt my native language, so you know..

As i wrote in title, im trying to build pc.. I dont have a lot of money, BUT i wanna do it once and a good, maybe add or upgrade GPU and RAM ( sli and extra ram in this case ). I mean, i hope i dont need to buy new pc in 4 years at least. Im completely agree that im really stupid when we talk about building pc, so i just picked something ive heard of and something that is powerful and can almost fit my budget. List contains monitor as well what i dont have right now.. okei, one we have here but its LG L1918S and obv im not going to play games on high/ultra with it.. This computer will be 80% gaming since i have laptop with i5 that can run programs and light games. Like league of legends. Some things might be too pricy and can replaced with cleaper parts then im pleased if you tell this to me! :) Also why im not picking a build from net? Because i wanna know / learn something about builds, why one, why this, why that etc.

Here is the list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Oltspoiss/saved/4fPu

Explaining why i picked something, ofc its very nice when you light me in some cases :)

CPU: i know people recommend i5 4670k over i7 4770k but as i said, i dont want to upgrade PC in at least 4 years and i believe that i7 have better future than i5.. currently i have i5-2410m on mobile which is good, used it for gaming ( obv not hardcore with 6850m ddr3 :p ), but i guess not in long term, i owned desktop years-years ago where was Celeron 2.2GHZ 1 core processor and bought radeon 9550 into that. I know, i7 is almost 100 bucks more than i5 but still something told me to pick i7. No, im not video editor and not doing some sort of things, so it seems like i dont need that i7 at all, still i prefer it.
CPU cooler: Just picked it, i know a people who owns it and recommend it.. have no idea of this.
MOBO: Same like CPU C, just picked it and realised/found out its recommended from several sites/places.
RAM: i have no idea if i picked right or bad one. 1866mhz is just faster than 1600mhz ( dunno if i ever need the extra 266mhz) and 8 because in my opinion its better to have 1 bigger than 2 smaller.
SSD and HDD: SSD isnt priority nr1 but ive heard its loading things much faster and since i picked 4770k i think booting from SSD shows the performance of computer, also i think i can drag things from SSD to HDD ( games most likely ) so they run faster. SSD picked for price and HDD from 1 build. First pick was 1TB but i was like hmm, maybe its not enough.
GPU: I was looking for a laptop where was 4700MQ with 765m..after some research i knew i want nvidia this time.. when talk about desktop, i was automatically searching for nvidia cards..also heard nvidia drivers are much better and stabile.. Firstly looked for 760 and i was sure im going to buy second one in future so i have sli, but i was looking for benchmarks and 770 was better choice overall. 780 is too expensive for me and i can sli it in future + overclock a bit.
Case: just price, looks and "fits" to the build..
Power Supply: Completely nooo idea. I just know this rig takes 440W or something but when i was picking Supply, i automatically added extra W for another GPU which i will buy in a future. I even dont know if i need 800W supply or that GOLD thing.. Some dudes building good rig using bronze level.
Optical D. Just something, i dont need anything special, i hardly ever use CD or DVD drive.
Monitor: Price, 1920x1080, IPS, good ms ( at least i think so ). 27 would be nice but ive heard 1080p on 27" is just BAD choice and 1440 is too expensive.

I know extra cash going to thermals + extra fans but how many i need, i have no idea.

As i said its very good and im happy when someone willing to teach me and light in this "area". I know something about computers, but nothing much.

everything is good,

1. get 2 4gb sticks so you can run your memory in dual channel, there should be no argument here
2. the i7 is not noticeably faster in gaming, but better for video editing n stuff like that. time won't change this, especially with the new api's coming out like mantle and direct x 12 which both make your cpu fairly irrelevant for gaming

3. that psu is great, and would even allow for sli