Additional Accessories for a Gaming Rig

EthanPark

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
I've built more computers than I can recall, but they've been for work while the computers I had built for myself have always been simple budget gaming rigs.

I went ahead and decided to upgrade a computer that I had built a few months ago and purchased a new case for better airflow and hardware support. (and it looks pretty)

However, I've never really gone hardcore with a gaming system and curious for any personal preferences on additional hardware that you guys have or plan to purchase (could be for performance or aesthetics). More LED lights? Additional fans? Cooling for RAM? A tiny troll to dwell inside my computer case?

Here is my system so far:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770S Haswell 3.1GHz
MoBo:ASUS Z87-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM (32GB; I run multiple VMs)
PSU: Rosewill FORTRESS-650 650W Continuous @50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS PLATINUM, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire Ready, Active PFC Power Supply
GPU: EVGA 03G-P4-2884-KR GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card
Storage: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM (1 SSD with 2TB HDD (2 x 1TBl RAID 0)
Cooling: Antec KUHLER H2O 1250 Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 240MM
Case: CM Storm Stryker - White Full Tower

Aside from possibly upgrading the system by adding another SSD to RAID the two, add a second GPU, and the fact that I was so cheap with the Motherboard; any input on making my system look prettier? Or any other performance addons for the build? Or just for the fun of it.

James281

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Personally, I am a big fan of Razor. You could go to their website and check out some really cool options as far as LED keyboards, Gaming Headsets, and unique mouses (mice* sorry I don't know the plural).

Razer Website: https://www.razerzone.com/

EthanPark

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014

Yea. I love a lot of Razer's products. Not all of them are the best in the industry as many do claim; however, I do like the nice blend of form & function. I have the Razer Naga, which I regret somewhat since I don't play MMORPGs anymore (I used to play WoW years ago & decided to try out Pandaria with the new mouse; got bored /gquit /beginlife).

I'll probably look into a Razer keyboard or any decent backlit keyboard. I'm undecided between blue & green (since my mouse is green while red LEDs will make me expect to see a Dutch prostitute through my case window.

I'll link you a video I saw of someone who tricked out their computer. The custom cooling they have for their GPU is insane as well as the temperature gauge under their HDD bay. I'm not completely certain what it does or what it cools since I'm more experienced in business IT. Cool Build

Do you currently have a setup at the moment?

James281

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

Actually no. I am currently researching the best components to use in my gaming computer build.