cant select correct screen res after driver update

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I updated my graphics drives as they were out of date, but now my second monitor has gone all blurry, and the correct resolution doesnt appear in the list of available resolutions, meaning i cant get it to stop being blurry, none of the available ones work. ive already done the thing to find the res's that the monitor cant display properly, and the correct res was there, but at the wrong refresh rate so it just glitched out at that res. please help.

Solution
You have two Hz settings for resolutions in windows.
You can set the Hz range for each display with the Ati app or Nvidia app.

Or you can use windows, right click on the desktop.
Select screen resolution. Over to the right in blue are advanced settings. click on list all modes tab.

For the resolution you want there will be different Hz ranges in the advanced menu.

Select the hz range with the resolution.

never update a driver just because a new version is available. There has to be a better reason than that, such as your existing driver not working properly.

Go into Device Manager, double-click your graphics card and click the "Driver" tab.
Now click the "Roll Back Driver" button.

It doesn't matter that your driver is out of date, if it's working okay leave it alone!

You have two Hz settings for resolutions in windows.
You can set the Hz range for each display with the Ati app or Nvidia app.

Or you can use windows, right click on the desktop.
Select screen resolution. Over to the right in blue are advanced settings. click on list all modes tab.

For the resolution you want there will be different Hz ranges in the advanced menu.

Select the hz range with the resolution.

Solution

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

my driver is really old (the one i had before) and some games were starting to throw up warnings saying errors with driver so i had to update it.

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

theres a problem with this, the correct HZ for the res i want just isnt there, i need 60HZ or else it spazzes out, but the only ones available are 29 and 30, both of which dont work.