Best 1080p 27inch IPS Gloss Monitor

EricJohn2004

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I'm looking for a specific kind of monitor. I was going to get 1440p but after looking at my dads new All-in-One HP computer with it's 27 inch IPS panel, I figured 1080p is pretty awesome looking too and my 24 inch BenQ Matte gaming monitor doesn't look nearly as good.

So I'm wondering if you guys know of a really good looking 27 inch 1080p IPS monitor. I'd be nice if it were 120Hz too but that doesn't really matter too much as 60hz looks smooth enough to me.

Solution
I personally use an HP 27Xi, it has very good colors, is super glossy, and looks extremely sleek. It looks kind of like an iMac, and it doesn't have any physical buttons, just touch sensors on the right bottom corner of the bezel. I've had it since last July, and so far have not had any problems. I would recommend it to you if you can find one on sale.

As for 120Hz, I don't believe IPS panels can achieve that refresh rate. The low response times and high refresh rates are a thing of the TN panels. You'll have to choose between one or the other. 60Hz is already smooth, the only reasons to go 120Hz or 144Hz is for 3D applications or to reduce screen tearing. And unless you are a professional FPS gamer, you don't need a monitor with a 1ms...

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
I personally use an HP 27Xi, it has very good colors, is super glossy, and looks extremely sleek. It looks kind of like an iMac, and it doesn't have any physical buttons, just touch sensors on the right bottom corner of the bezel. I've had it since last July, and so far have not had any problems. I would recommend it to you if you can find one on sale.

As for 120Hz, I don't believe IPS panels can achieve that refresh rate. The low response times and high refresh rates are a thing of the TN panels. You'll have to choose between one or the other. 60Hz is already smooth, the only reasons to go 120Hz or 144Hz is for 3D applications or to reduce screen tearing. And unless you are a professional FPS gamer, you don't need a monitor with a 1ms response time, you can go up to 7ms and still not hurt anything.

Solution

EricJohn2004

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I was a little too in a hurry to buy a monitor so I ended up getting the Dell S2740L. But your HP was one of the 5 options I had in mind. I chose 5 different gloss IPS monitors and the HP was one of them.

I choose the Dell because that famous monitor review website said the Dell was the best "Gaming"monitor. It had little blurring during fast images and had the best response time of any of the 15 monitors they compared it against.

I got rush Saturday delivery from Amazon and I got it today. I love it. I used to have an Asus PB278Q at one point but I returned it. And this monitor looks ALMOST just as good as that one. You can tell the PB278Q had a few more pixels, but the gloss screen on this monitor makes SUCH a big difference with picture quality.

I didn't realize how good 1080p could looks until I saw a 1080p IPS Gloss.