• NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, go ahead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

__Nick__

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Well I knew it was unavoidable, but I didn't know it would happen THIS soon. I have an AMD rig using a LEPA N500-SA (not to be confused with the N500-S) and It has worked GREAT, but recently there have been "Issues" to say. I have noticed that whenever the power goes out or the computer is unplugged, as I go to plug it back in with the I/O switch on the PSU on, it makes a POP and a spark comes out (no detectable smell, it IS allergy season though). THis has happened multiple times within the week, and this morning, it made a POP and a spark and wouldn't turn back on when I tried my remedies (These include turning the I/O switch off and plugging the PSU into a wall, not a power splitter; cutting the circuit breaker to the room it's in; just repeatedly plugging it in and trying to make it work). Here are my 3 core questions.

1) Is there ANYTHING I can do without shipping it off/ driving 2 hours to the nearest Frys to return it?

2) Have I broken anything this time??? (Specs below)

3) If there is nothing I can do, can I even RETURN it? (I bought it 3 weeks ago from Frys)

This computer means A LOT to me because I have my Minecraft server on it (something I am just about to unleash on the public). And the only other computer (besides this school mac) I can use is an old dell with OS 10.4 on it.

SPECS:
Win 8 Pro (64 Bit)
AMD A6 6400K APU
8GB DDR3 1866Mhz RAM
CD Burner
Enermax Ostrog(?) case
2x HDDS using SATA 3
ECS Mobo (The only one that supports the APU)

UPDATE: I am returning it to Fry's, problem solved! (for now)

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Since it's still under Warranty RMA it

Chances are it blew a fuse. Some PSU have and external fuse

Using a PSU that is faulting is not the best plan, arching voltages due to internal PSU component failure could cause damage to other sensitive components in your PC

Replace the PSU