Dell Introduces Latitude Rugged Extreme Laptop Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Kids are not the biggest killer of laptops and tablets. Adults are. Adults get distracted by what their children are doing, forget that they have something in their hand when a kid is about to plop something on the floor and.... TSSSH! Busted laptop.Adults need to pay attention to what they are doing and sometimes allow children's messes to happen. Not worth it to break a 1000 dollar device to save 50 cents in milk.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Industry first? The Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 and newest is CF-19, where the screen can flip so it can be a laptop or have a tablet style. Fully rugged IP65.The Toughbook uses it's magnesium alloy body to be the heatsink to cool the components so there are no vents. Does Dell employ the same thermal management techniques or doe Dell have one up on Panasonic?Discrete graphics?

EDIT: looks like it uses a fan vs the Panasonic, so maybe it can handle higher end components without overheating and keep the battery cooler?

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Chris, I can't really understand what is the meaning of your rant here. This is clearly no babysitting device. I really hope there will be as few kids as possible on the battlefield though...

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Industry first? I have bought a number of the Dell XT2-ATG and similar ruggedized units for field techs and plumbers, A/C guys. yes older now - Core2 with SSD is plenty fast. It just seems like an update of the previous line.

Status
Not open for further replies.