Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Do I need another graphics card to run two monitors?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Ultrasharp
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
April 5, 2014 3:15:52 AM

My graphics card is a Radeon 7870. I'm considering getting the 27 inch Dell UltraSharp and the 27 inch Dell Touch Monitor. The UltraSharp has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and the other one is standard hd.

Will my graphics card be able to run games on the UltraSharp on ultra settings? Will I be able to watch a movie on one monitor and work on the other simultaneously? Or do I need to crossfire with another gpu?

I have plenty of ram and a fast enough processor to handle anything, but I'm not so sure my graphics card is up to the task by itself.

More about : graphics card run monitors

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2014 3:31:08 AM

No look at the back of the card at the outputs use the 2dvi for multiple signals
m
l

Best solution

a c 155 U Graphics card
a c 140 C Monitor
April 5, 2014 3:46:29 AM

No you do not need another GPU to run multiple screens. Back when I was using a 7870 I was running two screens off it and another from the integrated graphics (was a matter of not having the right connector than the GPU not being capable).
You can watch a movie on one and do things on another. As I am typing this I have Youtube fullscreen to my left playing a video and stuff like VLC and Windows Media Player can also do that.

A 7870 running Ultra settings at 1440p... Doubt it. Its a mid-range card from 2yrs ago, its not going to be able too.
April 6, 2014 12:47:54 AM

manofchalk said:
No you do not need another GPU to run multiple screens. Back when I was using a 7870 I was running two screens off it and another from the integrated graphics (was a matter of not having the right connector than the GPU not being capable).
You can watch a movie on one and do things on another. As I am typing this I have Youtube fullscreen to my left playing a video and stuff like VLC and Windows Media Player can also do that.

A 7870 running Ultra settings at 1440p... Doubt it. Its a mid-range card from 2yrs ago, its not going to be able too.

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources