Now that ESO is out... ESO vs WoW?

sours

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Just built up a new computer last night, got it all running with Windows finally, now I want to play MMO's on it. I am at end-game in WoW and haven't played since December. Should I fork out the $12 and get my WoW account going again, or is it worth it to do the $75 and get the Elder Scrolls Online going on my computer?

Better yet, if I got ESO, would I be able to max it out? i7 4770k overclocked, GTX 770 2GB

dosto

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
You will definitely be able to max out ESO with your system. I have i5 2400, GTX 760, 8 GB RAM, Crucial M500 SSD (240 GB) and it runs on Ultra with constant 60 fps.

As for WOW vs ESO...I've played WOW (on and off) since 2008. Like you, I'm at end game and little tired of it, although I do still enjoy it at times. ESO has been a nice change of pace; it's a fun game and worth the money IMHO.

I would play WoW if you have a lot of friends there and have no plans to poor a lot of time into it. I'd give ESO a shoot if I had time to learn a new game and be a front runner on level. Those who level fast and learn everything quicker tend to get in with good guilds and find good friends to play with much easier.

MMO's are only as good as the people you play with.