Dell U2412M or the new U2414H?

TurtleLord44

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Which monitor is superior? I'm leaning towards the 2414H because I prefer native 1080p, however I have heard about a bug on it related to nvidia GPUs where the colours are poor until you change the refresh rate, which I don't especially want to do. Has this bug been fixed?
Thank you for any help you can give.

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
They both are pretty much the same other than the H has some newer features that won't matter as far as performance goes. The U2412M has the most positive reviews about it of the two. The value of what you get out of either of them just isn't there still. If you are limited to dell monitors because you have a dell account that is understandable.

TurtleLord44

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

Can I ask what's wrong with them? They both have favourable reviews and I'd like an IPS panel. I was planning on getting a 144hz panel for a while but decided I wanted better image quality considering I won't get the full advantage out of 144hz with my gtx 770 anyway. I was also considering the Asus pa248q but it looks more professional grade then gaming grade to me.

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
The ASUS VG248QE is nice but the only bad thing about it is the TN panel. All panels do have their advantages and disadvantages. For TN Gamers will generally be happy with TN panels and their exceptional response time. For IPS panels Photographers and graphic designers would probably take the most interest in IPS panels. There are also 120Hz MVA's which are extremely expensive but I saw one and played with one for a bit at a store and it was quite nice

TurtleLord44

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
I think if I did go with an IPS panel I would go with asus or even LG has a new one out currently that looks really nice. I can't remember the model but I have a dell ips panel monitor mounted above my desk at work and after about a year it has this weird yellow line all around the boarder. In the back of my shop I have this asus ips monitor that still is running quite nicely.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
What did you eventually end up getting? In the same boat myself... IPS vs speed vs price, etc...

Eyeing up that U2414H, I also have an nVidia card but the workaround for the colour issue is extremely easy so not a factor in my decision.

I am however eyeing up that ASUS VG248QE now after reading this... 3D is a nice option though not sure if I'd ever use it, not sure if uses the polarized glasses like in the theatre? or some sorta powered 3D glasses that cost $100 in which case the 3D and built in speakers are just there to add to the price.

Puksion

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
I have Dell P2414H... It isnt slow... I play new games on max and full hd, its amazing screen... Btw, you cant notice differcence betwen 8 and 1ms... Human eye notice above 40ms... It's IPS display so you can view screen all angles perfectly.