[Help] Wanting to build my first gaming PC

Athren

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
Hey there, I was recently looking into buying an already built computer from somewhere like Alienware because I heard that they were pretty good and I know literally nothing when it comes to picking the correct parts when wanting to build a custom gaming PC, but then I came on this forum, as well as doing some research and I guess if you were to build it yourself, you would be saving more money...

I've been looking around here and I've realized that the people that come here know ALOT about gaming computers and I was just wondering if I could get some helping choosing the correct parts, I'm willing to spend around $1000 - $2000. I'm not quite sure yet what games I would like to play, but I would just like more FPS.

Also, my room tends to get hot from time to time (until I put my air conditioner on in the summer time) so i was wondering what kind of cooling system would be best,

I was just wondering if someone could maybe send me a good PC build. Since I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to picking the parts, I will leave that up to anyone that is interested in helping me out... You can even go as far as picking a good monitor for me if you really wanted to lol.

Hopefully someone is willing to help this rookie out lol.
I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thank You

If this is a bit much for your budget, it can be fine tuned: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Athren

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

Okay, I will check it out, Thanks for the reply :D

Here my suggestion:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($152.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($389.12 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($110.71 @ Amazon)
Total: $1103.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-06 10:50 EDT-0400)

The case can be changed to whatever you want. If you want, you can change the cpu to a FX 8350 or go intel.

Don't know why that came up blank. Try this as it was the first list ( the second one was for something else ). http://pcpartpicker.com/user/coastie65/saved/