Gaming rig with WC upgrade optio

timf79

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello,
currently I got some time on my hands (but no money).
Hence I am planning a gaming rig to buy once I have money again (and then sell my PS4).

I was thinking of air cooling the PC at first.
The unit needs to quiet, so I am thinking about the new cooler master Silencio 652S.
The case allows 2 240mm radiators and 1 120 radiator.

My idea is to get a water cooled CPU cooler, Asus maximus for water cooling and then later (when available) water cooled 780TI boards (2 or 3 at the end).

Now my question is, would I need 2 radiators and 1 pump, or should it be 3 separate cooling circles?
Which water cooling equipment do you suggest?

There are some good air coolers out there as well as case fans. With a decent case with good airflow, and the proper set up of case fans, I don't really see the necessity of Water cooling. I have a CPU ( 4770k ) on air cooling, OC'd to 4.6 Ghz, and it does fine. Another thing, 780Ti in sli is overkill for the most part unless you are running multiple monitors, with heavy graphics. A single 780Ti is a beast of a card. Having said that, I have seen some beasts that were built using Quad Titans ( MaximumPC built one ). They are very impressive, but not real world practical. All you need do for a fantastic rig, is start with a strong CPU ( maybe a Socket 2011 Extreme processor ) and couple it with a strong GPU ( the 780Ti is the fastest card out there at the moment ). You can build a beast without going overboard in doing it.

oajarmeh95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
well, i don't have much experience in water cooling but as i heard EK water blocks is pretty good in quality and it gives you the equipments you need for water cooling.

and about the case i recommend cosmos se it would be better and have an amazing shape.

finally the mobo and gpu

mobo : ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
gpu : Geforce GTX TITAN BLACK

i hope that would help !

timf79

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
My idea is to start of with 1 780TI and air cooling, then get a 2nd and or 3rd GPU once prices drop.
I was thinking of for the noise level.

Same with RAM, 2x8GB to start of and then anoterh 2x8GB once prices come down.

I for sure want to get a 4K screen, since they are now affordable.

oajarmeh95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_20140226_2135.html
well, check this
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2884-KR

i have it in my rig and it is AWESOME !!

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0
FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

A single 780Ti can hanle a 4k monitor quite nicely. Should go multiple on the monitors, then maybe a second one would be justified. I am running a 4770k OC'd to 4.6 Ghz and a GTX 680 and it is a nice quiet rig, even when a have a helluva gaming load on it and it is all air cooled. I also have 5 Case fans, one of which is 200mm ( front intake ).