EVGA GTX 760 SC upgrade?

samejuggernaut

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
I have had the 760 for about a month. I love it. I was considering an upgrade to max out my gaming. I'm just wondering if it is worth the extra money? The 770 780 are alot more in price but if its worth it I am considering the step up program. If i remember right the 770 is $150 more and the 780 is 250$ more. Do you think it would be worth it with my system. Or would other components bottle neck it? I know each card has a few variants so please be specific. Any advice is appreciated

AMD FX6300 (moderate overclock)
MSI 970A
XFX 650 PRO
Corsair h100 Cooler
Kingston HyperX blue 8GB
2tb SSHD
Windows 8
Phantom 410

the 760 is more powerful than the ps4. if you need more power, then by all means upgrade. nothing in your system would be a huge bottleneck, but it would be advisable to upgrade your cpu (though this may require a motherboard upgrade)

samejuggernaut

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Yes i agree the 760 is absolutely awsome. The only reason Im considering it is because EVGA will basically put full price i paid for the 760 towards a better card, the only downfall is i have less the 60 days to decide. will the graphics improvement be worth the money? im disapointed in my cpu and motherboard. Wish I would have known more. But for my first build I am still more then happy with it